Pierce Fence is looking for an Experienced Fence Foreman. Pay will depend on years of experience. This position is responsible for all types of fence installation, running a fence crew and working with customers to resolve any concerns. Successful candidates must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
Responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of vinyl, chain link, wood, and aluminum fence installation.
- Verify that all parts, materials, and tools needed for project installation are loaded on the truck prior to going to the assigned job site.
- Make decisions on how to conduct the installation of the project including where to install based on boundaries.
- Discuss fencing needs with customers and get clarification on specifications when needed.
- Measure and layout fence lines and mark posthole positions, following instructions, shop drawings, blueprints or specifications.
- Align posts, using lines or by sighting, and verify vertical alignment of posts.
- Understand markings, and follow requirements for underground utility safety prior to digging.
- Dig postholes, using skid steer, dandy digger, jackhammer, core drill, gas or manual post hole diggers.
- Ensure the specifications for the site have been met by the crew and always check with the customer.
- Willing to work Saturdays during the busy season.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Operating various hand tools and power tools.
- Job site clean-up.
Required General Skills:
- Knowledge of carpentry tools
- ability to lift and carry 80lbs.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to instruct and give directions to a crew.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Experience with hauling trailers and backing up trucks with a trailer.
- Must be a positive team player with a "can-do attitude daily"
- 3-5 years of prior fence installation required
- 1 year as a supervisor or foreman required
Must have and maintain a driver's license with a clean driving record (no DUI/DWI).
Must have your own reliable transportation to our shop and home.
Job Type: Full-time
What we offer*:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- 401K w/company match
- Employee Christmas Party
- Overtime during the busy season
- Company issued shirts
- Employee portal for paystubs (app available)
*Some offers only available after a certain time with our company.